What do you wear on a day like this? When the weather is beckoning sweatpants and slippers yet you need to look presentable, here is my advice: make it a jean day.
The weather, can set the tone for the day (if you let it, that is). It’s easier to sub comb to the atmosphere we find ourselves in than it is to resist it. Personally, I would rather stay in my bathrobe and hang around the house on days like this, but I know that even on a stay-at-home day, I have way more energy and enthusiasm when I dress for work anyway.
It’s a law of nature: as we dress so shall our energy and attitude be.
Dressing up picks your spirit up. When you look professional, you feel professional. When you are all put together, you feel, and therefore act, “put together.” It’s important to remember, though, that “dressing up” is different for each style of beauty. Here’s an example of a simple tip that will help each Img.ID have confidence and energy even on a gloomy day:
- Refined Beauty (Classic) Throw on a fitted jacket on with your jeans to keep your casual look professional and powerful.
- Exotic Beauty (Dramatic) Simply add jewelry to any casual outfit. Wear monochromatic (one color) for added drama and confidence.
- Casual Beauty (Natural) Jeans and a comfortable top that has texture is all you need to accentuate your natural beauty. Keep it simple.
- Glamorous Beauty (Romantic) Choose your most feminine jeans (or slacks) that fit your curves nicely, a comfortable blouse that has soft movement to it and some simple hoop earrings. Avoid any heavy fabrics.
- Bold Beauty (Gamine) Wear anything you want, just make sure it has at least 3 contrasting colors. Avoid neutral colors that wash away your energy.
- Delicate Beauty (Ingénue) choose light weight, or pale colored, jeans and a comfortable blouse with a floral pattern and some intricate earrings.
Catrina Welch is an inspirational author and speaker whose personal experience with overcoming rejection, betrayal and loss–as well as her expertise as a cosmetologist, image consultant and Biblical life-coach–is empowering women to BE and LET BE.
Her latest book, CONFIDENT BEAUTY: Reflecting the One Who Made You, with the Images in your Mirror and in your Soul, is now available in your favorite bookstores. Autographed copies of all her books are available on her website at www.CatrinaWelch.com