You ‘neak up on her.
Actually, I think the key may be to study her; and girls, perhaps it’s time we understood ourselves so that our Valentine is more apt to want to catch us.
Seriously, as I have been spreading the word about my new book, Confident Beauty: Reflecting the One Who Made You with the Images in your Mirror and in your Soul, I have had tremendous interest from men who want to understand their women better. It seems that they really wish we were more confident and they sincerely do not understand why beauty is such an issue. I like to remind them that we aren’t the only “complicated” ones and that their need to be powerful and productive seems silly to us, too. But that’s a blog for another day. Today let’s discuss your unique style because being who you were designed to be is the key to being the kind of woman that a man wants to “‘neak up on” and catch.With Valentines Day coming up quickly, understanding yourself may be just the key you are looking for.
- If you are a Classic beauty, who wants things done properly, then be proper in all that you do and all that you wear, and don’t let others make you feel badly about that. You are needed; do not let your independence rob you of the joy of needing others.
- If you are a Natural beauty, who wants things done casually, then be simple in all that you do and all that you wear, and don’t let others make you feel like you are less. You are inspiring and inviting; allow others to inspire you, too.
- If you are a Dramatic beauty, who wants things done excellently, then be passionate in all that you do and all that you wear, and don’t let the judgment of others make you feel foolish. You are a powerful influence; be careful not to be intimidating.
- If you are an Ingénue beauty, who wants things done peacefully, then be gentle and sweet in all that you do and all that you wear, and don’t let others rob your peace. You complete others; let them complete you, too.
- If you are a Romantic beauty, who wants things to be pleasing, then be luxurious in all that you do and all that you wear, and don’t let other people’s poor character shut down yours. You bring others comfort and healing; be sure to allow yourself the same.
- If you are a Gamine beauty, who wants things done right, then be bold and colorful in all that you do and all that you wear, and don’t let your passionate work ethic rob the joy from your relationships. Your strength is needed; do not hide it, but don’t force it, either.
- If you are a combination of any of these beauties, you may find that there are times when you are not quite sure what you want; this is not unusual. In fact it is very common for women to be unsure of what they really want for themselves (in life and in wardrobe!). This was the problem I had, and I encourage you, if this is the problem you have, then take the time to work out any areas where your priorities or choices may conflict, so that you can be confident and consistent, being your true self. For more on combination Img.IDs, see chapter 24 of Confident Beauty and be sure to watch for more blogs on the topic.
Catrina Welch is an image- and life-coach whose message is not as much “what not to wear” as it is, “Know Who You Are,” which is the title of her book of guidelines for your personal image identity. Catrina has also written a Bible study to help women overcome their confidence conflicts; it is titled Supreme MakeOver: a Rich and Refreshing Devotional Experience. Her other books include Footprints Through the Sand: a Consolidation of Life-altering stories about Loving and Losing a Trisomy-18 Baby and Confident Beauty: Reflecting the One Who Made You with the Images in Your Mirror and Your Soul, which will be available in book stores this spring. All of these books are available now at www.CatrinaWelch.com