How you Throw a Party Says a lot about Your Img.ID
Your Personal Image Identity (Img.ID) is predominately about your clothing personality. To present yourself well and look your best everything you wear should compliment your facial features and physical attributes, but another very important part of that is your personal preferences, which has a lot to do with your general personality style.
If you have ever learned about personalities, you know that some people get their energy and enthusiasm for life by being with people, others “recharge” by being alone. Some of us are people-oriented, others are task-oriented. No certain style is superior. We need all kinds of personalities to make this world work and therefore we should be careful not to aspire to be someone we are not.
One common push-back I get when assessing a woman’s clothing personality is, “don’t put me in a box.” I realize that being analyzed can rise up our defensiveness, but understanding yourself is actually a way of breaking OUT of the box that you may have put yourself in. You do not have to be like your parents, teachers, siblings. It’s time to BE and LET BE.
Take throwing a party, for instance.
Do you like to attend parties? How about hosting them?
It’s your daughter’s sweet 16, your son’s graduation, your husband’s big 5-0… the pressure’s on you to make their day special. Does that excite you or stress you out? How you respond to the challenge of throwing a party is a great indicator of which style of beauty you are.
- An Ingénue won’t think about the pressure much, she will just do the work and she will do it with amazing creativity. Photos will definitely be involved; her guest of honor will truly be honored.
- A Romantic will make the party all about her loved one as well, but if she can keep the guest list to intimate friends and family only she will feel far less stressed about it.
- A Classic knows the proper etiquette and expectations of a good party, but she tends to find it very stressful to pull it all together. It is not easy for this woman to let the details go. The social side of life is not as comfortable for her as her professional side and her tendency is to stop everything until she can do it right. This woman does best to have her party catered.
- The Dramatic, on the other hand, loves (and does) every detail of hosting a party and she does it will excellence–the decor, the invites, the favors, entertainment, food, you name it, she thought of it. Her greatest challenge is in making sure her work is done before the party starts or she will work the whole time guest are there and never get to visit, which may make her feel cheated.
- The Natural doesn’t really like hosting a party, although she may have a hard time admitting that, especially if she comes from a family of entertainers. This woman does well to just BE herself. As a casual beauty, she has a way of making any guest in her home feel comfortable (unless she is uncomfortable with her home) because there is no pretense about her. She doesn’t make a big deal about anything, so help yourself to her buffet and if she forgot something check the fridge, she won’t mind, just don’t expect her to get all fancy and you will have a great time.
- Gamines love to celebrate with people they love, especially if someone else is throwing the party! When it’s their turn to host, however, they don’t mind. Some of them go all out like a Dramatic, but most of them are quite casual about what they serve and how they host. In fact, they, too, may prefer to have a buffet or BBQ style party–that is if they don’t choose to have it catered or out at a restaurant–but you can be sure that the paper plates they use won’t be plain and white (like a Natural might choose). Gamines don’t get stressed about style, but they do like their colors to coordinate.
Did you know that the Bible challenges Christians to party? We are even told to have fun with it and not to get stressed out.
Be hospitable to one another without grumbling. 1 Peter4:9
Being hospitable does not come naturally to all of us, but understanding your personal style and hosting your party within your own comfort zone is one way to not only relieve a lot of the stress, but it also another way to BE and LET BE. If you are attending a party this weekend, I encourage you to enjoy yourself, no matter which style the party is (just be sure to dress accordingly, one way to make a Natural real uncomfortable at her own backyard BBQ is to arrive in your finest attire). If you are hosting a party this weekend, I encourage you to prepare for it in a way that is true to your authentic self without apologies, just be sure to communicate your style, so that your guests can come prepared to throw horseshoes and not feel all awkward in their stilettos.
If you would like to know more about your Img.ID, please check out my website at www.CatrinaWelch.com