Every human being is in search for significance. We want to be valued, we want to have purpose, we want to make an impact in our world. This may look different for each of us, but when we understand what drives us and how to BE who we were designed to be, we become powerful, productive people. We become CONFIDENT.
And a confident woman is absolutely BEAUTIFUL.
I suppose this is the very reason last Thursday’s DRIVEN conference was so successful. Women were valued. Their purpose was encouraged. They came together to encouraged each other and collaborate strengths in order to make a difference in their world. I was proud to be part of Cape Cod’s First Conference for Women.
When I see a large group of women come together like that, I see a beautiful bouquet of flowers with a great array of sizes, shapes and colors, each one sharing it’s own fragrance and beauty. No two flowers–even of the same species–and certainly no two women, should ever be compared to another. Some may have withered a bit, others may have lost a pedal or two, but all of them have something to offer and that makes every one of them significant.
- The rose, the Classic, may be guarded at first, but when she opens up, her wisdom and strength helps to keep the rest of us on target.
- The baby’s breath, the Ingénue, may appear delicate and feel insignificant, but she has a way of giving the rest of us dignity by covering our weakness (like flower stems) and completing us with her beautiful creativity and attention to details.
- The orchid, the Romantic, may have seasons of holding back her beauty, but whether she is in bloom or not, her compassionate presence brings comfort like no other.
- The bird of paradise and the protea, the Dramatics, brings the enthusiasm and fun factor and their eye for excellence has a way of bringing out the best in all of us.
- The calla lily, the Gamine, keeps things happening and has a way of stopping our waisted efforts. Her passion inspires and motivates us.
- The daisy, the Natural, has a way of keeping us all calm, cool and collected. Her peaceful presence keeps all the excitement in perspective and her unpretentious nature inspires us to keep it real.
We need each other.
Maybe it’s time we treat every day like a conference and turn our minds away from the competitive drive to compete with each other and instead become more compelled to complete each other. Because a small bouquet of one kind of flower is lovely, but an array of various styles working together is not only driven, it’s DYNAMIC.
Catrina Welch is an inspirational author and speaker whose personal experience with rejection, betrayal and loss–as well as her expertise as a cosmetologist, image consultant and Biblical life-coach–is empowering women to BE and LET BE.
Her latest book, CONFIDENT BEAUTY: Reflecting the One Who Made You, with the Images in your Mirror and in your Soul, is now available in your favorite bookstores. Autographed copies of all her books are available on her website at www.CatrinaWelch.com