Confidence is what makes a woman beautiful, but feeling beautiful is what makes her confident.
So, what makes you feel beautiful?
- A) A professionally coordinated outfit
- B) Being casual and comfortable
- C) Makeup and accessories
- D) Soft, flowing dresses or blouses
- E) Finding something that fits!
- F) Wearing strong colors, like black
The answer is different for each style of woman, but when you know, for instance, that completing your outfit with a little makeup will make you feel beautiful, then eyeliner becomes your key to self-confidence (at least until it wears off!). Understanding what makes you feel beautiful is helpful for other reasons as well:
- If you feel beautiful, you are. Even on a bad-hair-day, you can leave a good first impression if your attitude shows no shame (and no need for apologies) because it shows that imperfection does not cause you to stumble or become self-consumed.
- Confidence gives you moxie, which empowers you to step out of your comfort zone and get involved in people’s lives.
- Self-confidence builds the confidence others have in you. If you don’t like you, why should anyone else?
- People are less likely to misjudge you. If you feel beautiful, most likely you are dressing true to your character–unlike a bold woman dressed like a delicate girl–which means you are not giving mixed messages.
- People are more likely to offer themselves to someone who is true to herself. If your beauty seems as if you are trying to be someone you are not, then others will put up their guard around you.
All this being said, relationships are what life is all about and if feeling beautiful is a factor in making our relationships good, then I think that taking care of ourselves is a win-win, don’t you?
If you don’t know which style of beauty you are, be sure to take my complimentary Image Identity (Img.ID) quiz on my website, or contact me for an individual or group image assessment.
Catrina Welch is an image- and life-coach whose message is not as much “what not to wear” as it is, “Know Who You Are,” which is the title of her book of guidelines for your personal image identity. Catrina has also written a Bible study to help women overcome their confidence conflicts; it is titled Supreme MakeOver: a Rich and Refreshing Devotional Experience. Her other books include Footprints Through the Sand: a Consolidation of Life-altering stories about Loving and Losing our Trisomy-18 Baby and Confident Beauty: Reflecting the One Who Made You with the Images in Your Mirror and Your Soul, which will be available in book stores this spring. All of these books are available now at www.CatrinaWelch.com
2 thoughts on “5 Reasons Feeling Beautiful Affects a Woman’s Relationships”
There is definately a great deal to know about this subject.
I love all of the points you’ve made.